T&T 1.868.770.7693 / CAN 1.647.447.3663
About 10 years ago it was necessary for all businesses to have an Internet presence, and then as social media kicked into high gear with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube leading the way, today, it is now mandatory for all businesses to have a mobile presence.
Consider the following stats put together by the guys at Super Monitoring (www.supermonitoring.com/blog/state-of-mobile-2013/):
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 50% of mobile phone users, use mobile as their primary Internet source
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps
- 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
- Mobile ads discovery
- 54% via apps
- 40% on a search enging
- 27% on a retailer website
- 23% on a video website
- Mobile ads influence
- 75% introducing to something new
- 45% influencing in-store purchase
- 46% influencing to buy via mobile
- After seeing mobile ads
- 80% downloading an app
- 67% visiting the website of the advertiser
- 53% visiting the store/retailer/business
- 45% locating the advertiser on the map
- 37% calling the advertiser
3 Reasons Your Business Needs An App
|3 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App||Courtesy of http://www.mobilecommercedaily.com/|
|1||65% of users said they used their mobile device to find a business to make an in-store purchase|
|2||74% of online retailers have already, or are currently, developing a mobile strategy|
|3||Mobile retail marketing is predicted to rake in $15 billion in 2012, a 50 percent growth from 2011, according to a study from Juniper Research.|
Investing In A Mobile App Can Increase Revenue
According to an ABI Research survey of US consumers, respondents who said they had downloaded a retailer-branded app said…
- Consumers had visited the store more often – plus 45.8%
- Bought more of the store’s products and services – plus 40.4%
- Told a friend about their shopping experience – plus 35.8%
- Encourage friends to visit the store – plus 30.8%
Mobile Apps Have Daily Users
- Of those who have downloaded apps, nearly 2 in 3 said they use their apps daily, and 1 in 4 use their apps for more than 30 minutes per day
- According to a recent study by Flurry, which tracks app usage on a staggering 300,000 apps on over a billion active mobile devices, 80% of mobile time is spent on apps
- The average smartphone user currently has about 41 apps downloaded in their smartphone. That is up 28% from last years app average
Consumers Are More Likely To Make A Purchase If You Have An App
- 62% of smartphone users said they have purchased physical goods from their mobile devices in the last six months – Source: https://www.internetretailer.com/
- By 2015, it is predicted that mobile shopping will account for $163 billion in sales worldwide, 12% of global e-commerce turnover – Source: https://www.abiresearch.com/
- Consumers are 51% more likely to purchase from retailers that have mobile-specific websites – Source: https://luthresearch.com/
- 79% of smartphone users found it useful to download mobile coupons to their phones – Source: https://www.internetretailer.com/
- Case Studies
- 1. Gertler Law FirmMore
Mobile App's Impact on Business
Increase in consultations.
Increase in billable hours sent through email, using app.
Increase brand awareness through social media connections and YouTube hits.
- 2. CSU Chico WRECMore
Mobile App's Impact on Business
Increase in member attendance.
Increase in new member registration.
Increase in social connections.
- 3. The Lost GroupMore
Social Media Infusion
Increase in social media connections.
Increased response from event push notifications.